The biggest question, right? Like many long arm quilters, I’ve used a simple (ha) metric system with the length times the width times the type of quilting… but found there was time spent on doing things that didn’t fit into that equation.
- Like oops, these borders are sort of wonky
- My goodness this quilt seems to be off
- Correcting the backing that needs to be squared
- Realizing design running time can be different depending on scale and intensity of pattern
- Custom quilts that require multiple thread changes, dropping belts to do freehand fill
Hopefully you’re understanding my thought pattern here. Solution? I have an hourly rate (like a plumber, but not that much!) hourly charge is $37.00. At the end of the day, its very close to that metric system but a lot less math!
- Attach your prepared binding $.10 per inch
- Cut, sew and attach binding to quilt $.15 per inch (with fabric you provide)
- Cut, sew, attach and hand stitch to back of quilt $.25 per inch
Seam backing $10.00 per seam, $20.00 per seam if pattern needs to be matched.
Long Arm Rental & Class
Introductory class $150.00 (5 hours)
Per hour rental: $25.00 per hour (2 hour minimum)
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 503.577.3811 to arrange a day and time to look at your quilt top and discuss design options. I can give you a very close idea to what your cost would be. Let’s talk soon!